[THOMAS] Orange Thomas - Macon County, AL

Dhargrove7 at aol.com Dhargrove7 at aol.com
Mon Jun 23 11:43:31 EDT 2003

Reasearching for the descendants of Orange Thomas my paternal grgrandfather,
who was born in Alabama in abt. 1860.  On the 1880 census, Orange was residing
with his wife, Peggy and their daughter Celie Ann.  Also residing in the
household was his sister, Ellen Hampton and her husband, with their son, Rufus
Hampton

Orange and Peggy's children were:  Celie Ann, Annie, Rebecca, Hannah
(maternal grandmother), Hampton and Orange Jr.

I have found some of the descendants of Celie Ann who married Walter Owens.
In 1930, they were residing in Columbus, Ga.  Celie Ann's daughter, Peggy
Owens, married a Whittlesey and still resides in Columbus, Ga.

Hampton Boyd (Bubba)Thomas moved to Detroit.  I found him on the 1930 census
residing with his wife Flossie.  Based on oral history, Hampton did not have
any children.  He was alive in the 1960's. However, I have not been able to
find any death record.

More information at http://www.dollsgen.com/Thomas.htm

Any leads on these families would be appreciated

Doll Harris-Hargrove
Afrigeneas.com - PA State Coordinator
Diggin' Up Alabama Roots
Researching Macon County, Alabama for the following:
Surnames:  BARROW, BRYANT, CORELLUS, FITZPATRICK, HARRIS, MARTIN, THOMAS,
WEBB, WILSON, WOOLFOLK