[THOMAS] Orange Thomas - Macon County, AL

Dhargrove7@aol.com Dhargrove7@aol.com
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 11:43:31 EDT

--part1_12d.2c7f311a.2c287a23_boundary

Reasearching for the descendants of Orange Thomas my paternal grgrandfather,
who was born in Alabama in abt. 1860.  On the 1880 census, Orange was residing
with his wife, Peggy and their daughter Celie Ann.  Also residing in the
household was his sister, Ellen Hampton and her husband, with their son, Rufus
Hampton

Orange and Peggy's children were:  Celie Ann, Annie, Rebecca, Hannah
(maternal grandmother), Hampton and Orange Jr.

I have found some of the descendants of Celie Ann who married Walter Owens.
In 1930, they were residing in Columbus, Ga.  Celie Ann's daughter, Peggy
Owens, married a Whittlesey and still resides in Columbus, Ga.

Hampton Boyd (Bubba)Thomas moved to Detroit.  I found him on the 1930 census
residing with his wife Flossie.  Based on oral history, Hampton did not have
any children.  He was alive in the 1960's. However, I have not been able to
find any death record.

More information at http://www.dollsgen.com/Thomas.htm

Any leads on these families would be appreciated

Doll Harris-Hargrove
Afrigeneas.com - PA State Coordinator
Diggin' Up Alabama Roots
Researching Macon County, Alabama for the following:
Surnames:  BARROW, BRYANT, CORELLUS, FITZPATRICK, HARRIS, MARTIN, THOMAS,
WEBB, WILSON, WOOLFOLK

--part1_12d.2c7f311a.2c287a23_boundary

=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Reasearching for the descendants of Orange Thomas my p=
aternal grgrandfather, who was born in Alabama in abt. 1860.&nbsp; On the 18=
80 census, Orange was residing with his wife, Peggy and their daughter Celie=
 Ann.&nbsp; Also residing in the household was his sister, Ellen Hampton and=
 her husband, with their son, Rufus Hampton<BR>
<BR>
Orange and Peggy's children were:&nbsp; Celie Ann, Annie, Rebecca, Hannah (m=
aternal grandmother), Hampton and Orange Jr.<BR>
<BR>
I have found some of the descendants of Celie Ann who married Walter Owens.&=
nbsp; In 1930, they were residing in Columbus, Ga.&nbsp; Celie Ann's daughte=
r, Peggy Owens, married a Whittlesey and still resides in Columbus, Ga.<BR>
<BR>
Hampton Boyd (Bubba)Thomas moved to Detroit.&nbsp; I found him on the 1930 c=
ensus residing with his wife Flossie.&nbsp; Based on oral history, Hampton d=
id not have any children.&nbsp; He was alive in the 1960's. However, I have=20=
not been able to find any death record.<BR>
<BR>
More information at http://www.dollsgen.com/Thomas.htm<BR>
<BR>
Any leads on these families would be appreciated<BR>
<BR>
<I>Doll Harris-Hargrove<BR>
Afrigeneas.com - PA State Coordinator<BR>
Diggin' Up Alabama Roots<BR>
Researching Macon County, Alabama for the following:<BR>
Surnames:&nbsp;<B> BARROW, BRYANT, CORELLUS, FITZPATRICK, HARRIS, MARTIN, TH=
OMAS, WEBB, WILSON, WOOLFOLK</B></I><BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_12d.2c7f311a.2c287a23_boundary--