[THOMAS] Bibb County GA (Rutland's District 520)

talerie boyd tdbroots at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 13:36:14 EDT 2003

If you are researching any of these Ancestors, please respond – I am willing to share other information that I have gathered as it relates to them. Most of these Ancestors retained the Thomas surname.  They were being held in Rutland’s District 520 in Bibb County GA.   The following is an abstraction from the Will of William B. Thomas Bibb County GA - Will Book B (1851 – 1871), Pages 29-32.

Item 2nd
To my three oldest children Mary C Moore B and William B belong by Deed of Gift my woman HESTER about 32 years with her eight children first ROBERT about 16 years of age KENAH/TENAH? About 14 years of age JOE about 12 years of age CATE about 10 years of age HETTY about 8 years of age TONY about 6 years of age MARTHA about 4 years of age ELLA about 1 ½ years of age

Item 3rd
To my son Charles S my boy MARCH about 14 years of age – also his sister RACHEL about 6 years of age, and my boy STEPNEY about 9? years of age

Item 4th
To my beloved wife Caroline B my plantation on which I now live consisting of 2 lots known as numbers 28 + 29.

Item 5th
I also give and bequeath go my beloved wife Caroline Berry? Negro man TONY about sixty years of age. STEPNEY about 65 years of age, and MARIA? his wife about 26 years of age, with their three children, SALLY a girl about 7 ears of age, MARY about 5 years of age, and an infant boy HENRY about 9 months old?, also my woman ???? about 53 years of age and JUDY a woman about 30? years of age.

Item 6th
??????? part of Item 3rd and empower my wife Caroline B to dispose of the said Negroes MARCH, RACHEL and STEPNEY and to invest the proceeds for my son – Charles S in any State or place she should choose to remove too.

Item 7th
I give and bequeath to my son Moore B two acres of land in the City of Macon lying on the hill – west of the cemetery, As per Deed, recorded, in the same name, being the property of an older Brother deceased.

Item 8th
I give and bequeath to my daughter Mary C my woman DIANA about 38 ears of age, having heretofore given her a bill of sale recorded in McIntosh Co.

Item 11th
I request that my wife Caroline B become the Trust and Guardian of my daughter Marcy C and my son Moore B until such time as they become of age to act for themselves, and should she feel disposed to leave for the Northern States – the Court will grant her the power to dispose of said Negroes in Item 2nd and 8th and invest the proceeds in my other property for them that she may deem for their interest.

Item 13th
I constitute and appoint my beloved wife Caroline B Executrix, and my Friend Robert L? Lanier Executor to this my last Will and Testament this 31st day of March 1854. Wm. B. Thomas (seal) Witnesses:
Wm B Bennett, G L Duncan?, Wm. T? Fitch, Julian A Lewis

The THOMAS’ listed at the below link are also related.  http://www.rootsweb.com/%7Egacrawfo/Houston/criminalpg1.htm