[AfriAm-Smith] GASB 34: Financial Reporting Requirements for State and Local Governments: December 2, 2014 - 1:00 PM EST

Warren Ruppel customerservice at lormaneducation.net
Tue Nov 25 15:10:43 EST 2014

Lorman Education Services

Dear Colleague,

I would like to personally invite you to join me at my upcoming Lorman Education Services live webinar GASB 34: Financial Reporting Requirements for State and Local Governments [http://www.lormaneducation.com/training/live-webinar-gasb-34-financial-reporting-requirements-for-state-and-local-governments-394539?c=1&P=14315] on Tues, December 2nd, at 1:00 PM EST.

Recent financial difficulties of state and local government finances, highlighted by some noteworthy bankruptcy filings, have prompted increased attention on governmental financial statements. The financial statements of these governments and governmental entities can be very confusing, even for the experienced accountant. I will explain the overall financial reporting model used by governments under GASB 34 and help you understand the types of information that can be gleaned from the financial
statements and what that information means. I will also discuss some very important accounting areas (such as pensions) and how those accounting areas are reflected in governmental financial statements.

During this live webinar we will review:

- Difference between a measurement focus and basis of accounting
- Difference between GAAP Financial Statements and a CAFR
- Basic components of GAAP Financial Statements
- Discussion of important accounting areas
- New accounting rules on the horizon
Join me at the conclusion of the webinar for a live question and answer session.

Register Today [http://www.lormaneducation.com/training/live-webinar-gasb-34-financial-reporting-requirements-for-state-and-local-governments-394539?c=1&P=14315]

I hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

Warren Ruppel, Partner
Marks Paneth LLP

Lorman Education Services | 2510 Alpine Rd. | Eau Claire, WI | 54703

This commercial email was sent to smith at afrigeneas.com.

Call 1-866-352-9539 for assistance.

To ensure that all our mailings get to you safely, we recommend you add lormaneducation.com to your whitelist in your email client.

Learn more about how to add lormaneducation.com to your whitelist at:

[http://www.lormaneducation.com/supportcenter/whitelist.php?c=1&p=14315&md=530001:8:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQxMTI1OjQxNDMzODcwOTAg]

This mailbox is unattended, so please do not reply to this message.