[AfriAm-Smith] Government Email: Public or Private Record? - OnDemand Webinar

Lorman OnDemand Webinars customerservice at lormaneducation.net
Tue Aug 26 08:14:49 EDT 2014

Lorman Education Services
Seminars - Live Webinars - OnDemand - Membership [http://www.lormaneducation.net/?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:17:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg]

Government Email: Public or Private Record?
View at your convenience 24/7, for 90 days - 90 min

Learn More
[http://www.lormaneducation.net/ondemand/393097EAU?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:18:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg&discount_code=G1228169]

Credits*: CLE

Dirty laundry and county board meetings – what do these have in common? Both could be subject to the Freedom of Information Act.

Whether and when electronic communications such as emails, text messages, social media posts and tweets are subject to public records laws is a confusing and challenging question for public officials and journalists alike. This on-demand webinar explains when such electronic communications must be disclosed and when they may remain confidential. The on-demand webinar also discusses the pitfalls to be avoided by public bodies dealing with confidential communications, as well as by citizens
seeking access to an open government. This on-demand webinar discusses current trends nationally so that you can keep pace with this timely and dynamic topic.  You also will learn the risks - and benefits - of litigating public records disputes, including the possibility of substantial attorneys’ fees awards.

MORE [http://www.lormaneducation.net/ondemand/393097EAU?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:19:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg]

				Mary Ellen Roy   Phelps Dunbar LLP

				 Dan Zimmerman   Phelps Dunbar LLP

OnDemand Webinar
$<span style="text-decoration: line-through;">99</span>  $79
Register Now
[http://www.lormaneducation.net/shop/addcart.php?item=247615&c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:20:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg&discount_code=G1228169]

CD + Manual
Can't attend? $99
Order Now
[http://www.lormaneducation.net/shop/add_item.php?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:21:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg&item=247617]

OnDemand Webinar ID: 393097EAU | Priority Code: 3724-6931-32

*Please check Detailed Credit Information for approved credits. Credits by Lorman.
[http://www.lormaneducation.net/ondemand/393097EAU?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:22:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg]

3 easy ways to order

Online: www.lormaneducation.net
Phone: 1-866-352-9539
Email: info at lormaneducation.net

EMAIL SETTINGS [http://www.lormaneducation.net/u/?c=1&p=3724693132&e=smith@afrigeneas.com&md=508467:23:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg]

Lorman Education Services | 2510 Alpine Rd. | Eau Claire, WI | 54703 | 1-866-352-9539

This commercial email was sent to smith at afrigeneas.com. To ensure that all our mailings get to you safely, we recommend you add lormaneducation.net to your whitelist in your email client. Learn more about how to add lormaneducation.net to your whitelist. This email address is not used for customer support and communication. Please do not respond to this message.
[http://www.lormaneducation.net/contact/whitelist.php?c=1&p=3724693132&md=508467:25:c21pdGhAYWZyaWdlbmVhcy5jb206MTQwODI2OjM4OTA0Nzc4NTYg]