[MacUser] Panther Preview

Lisa B. Lee thegenequeen at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 29 09:42:35 EDT 2003

You're probably right about the beige G3s and Panther.
 I attended the Seybold show a few weeks ago and got
to see several in-depth demos of Panther.  Quite
honestly, I didn't see ANYTHING compelling to upgrade
from Jaguar to Panther and once I'm finished upgrading
all the Macs in my office to Jaguar, we're going to
stay at 10.2.6.  In my opinion, Panther provides some
"nice-to haves," but nothing major that will justify
paying another upgrade price.

Just my two cents.  If you haven't upgraded to Jaguar
yet, you're really missing out on a lot of good stuff.

- Lisa

--- VKN <vkn at afrigeneas.com> wrote:
> I took an extended browse
> http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther/mail.html
>
> Wow, and enjoyed what I saw.
> Am I correct that the Beige G3 will not be supported
> in this old world with
> Panther?
>
> Looking for a rebuilt new world laptop.

=====
We don't choose genealogy ... genealogy chooses us.