[MacUser] Greetings MacTalkers

Lisa B. Lee thegenequeen at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 09:54:50 EDT 2003

Patricia;

Like you, I also cut my teeth on PageMaker and hated
to move to Quark years ago.  But it's so nice having
an all-Adobe work flow when editing Photoshop images
that are imbedded in InDesign docs, not having to
flatten them or convert them to EPS, among other
things.  And all the Quark keyboard shortcuts work in
InDesign, so the transition was practically painless.

I'm doing a workshop at the AAHGS conference next
month on Reunion for OS X.  Are you planning to attend
the conference in D.C.?

- Lisa

--- MsCharcy at aol.com wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a G4 with OS 9 getting ready to take the OS X
> leap. :-)
>
> Also, I have an old powerbook 3400C, it weights a
> ton and a G3 with OS 9.
>
> I have a Mac lab at my office, we are all running
> G4's and G3's, we are all
> still on OS 9. We have some proprietary software,
> CreoScitex software, that
> they are not advocating the jump to OS X yet.
>
> We still use Quark quite a bit, as well as
> Pagemaker(which I cut my teeth
> on), some InDesign, and Photoshop and Illustrator.
>
> Good to find some fellow Mac folks out there!
>
> Patricia

=====
We don't choose genealogy ... genealogy chooses us.