[MacUser] Re: Greetings MacTalkers

Lisa B. Lee thegenequeen at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 12:49:48 EDT 2003

Hey ladies;

This is GREAT news and I'm so excited to have this
forum.  I'm a Systems Administrator for a dotcom (yes,
there are a few dotcoms still left in the world) and I
support both Macs and PCs, while I use a Mac for all
my personal and genealogical stuff.

I'm running OS X on a Titanium laptop and though I was
reluctant to upgrade to OS X, Jaguar is truly
wonderful and I'm glad I made the switch.  We're in
the middle of upgrading all of our users to OS X as
well.  I also switched from using QuarkXpress to
InDesign and I LOVE InDesign.

If you need any help with software or hardware, please
don't hesitate to ask.

- Lisa

--- Valencia Nelson <vkn at afrigeneas.com> wrote:
> There seems to be three of us here.
> Maybe Lisa Lee will join us?
>
> Shall we begin by sharing our systems?
>
> I have a desktop G3 with OSX. I understand that it
> is now "old world"
> and will not be supported by Panther.
>
> I also have a laptop (shell) that needs to have a
> new battery the
> current one is
> stone cold still in the market.
>
> Thinking of getting a G4 laptop. Any thoughts on
> getting a refurbished
> one?

=====
We don't choose genealogy ... genealogy chooses us.