[LEWIS] CUDJO LEWIS OF MOBILE

Valencia Nelson vkn at afrigeneas.com
Fri Jul 25 13:54:36 EDT 2003

There is quite a bit of "press" on Cudjoe Lewis and the town that was
developed around
him and the last Africans to board these shores, at least in Alabama,
of record. It would be
of interest to see the manifest of that ship, The Clohitlde, ( I
believe is the name?)
I will post back  to this list from an Alabama history book that has
the details.

There is also the tragic treatment of those Africans who were landed at
Key West FL.