[LEWIS] Early Lewis history.

Breckinri at aol.com Breckinri at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 02:34:27 EDT 2003

As we trace the history of early African Americans conntected with the Lewis
family, it is necessary to take a look at the history of the white Lewis
family and its marriages, tax records, etc.  They were here when the Virginia
colony began and by the 1600's their slaves were showing up in the records.  Those
early roles help us to know who some of the early folks were.

This family has ties to such people as George Washington, Thomas Jefferson
and Meriwether Lewis.  Thomas Jefferson has some famous and some infamous
relatives that are a part of slave history too.  Hopefully we will explore some of
the history that yields the genealogy of the various groups of Lewis slaves.
This is a very large family with lots and lots of slaves.  This general
information simply verbalizes the hope that we will find answers by working together
on this family's slave history.  Best regards
Your host.
Please contact me by using the following address    lineoflewis at aol.com
Thanks