[LEWIS] Lewis Surname - Macon County, AL

Breckinri at aol.com Breckinri at aol.com
Thu Jul 17 02:48:00 EDT 2003

Hi, I don't have any information that seems relevant at this time.  Did you
know that Joe Louis, champion boxer's name was Barrow (I think).  Have you
tried different spellings of the name?  I have accumulated misc. info about some
of the history of the whites and blacks.  Found out that some Blacks help elect
a white Lewis of Alabama during reconstructions.  Not sure what that was
about.  There was a big migration of Lewis folks (white and black) into
Mississippi.  Not sure what that was about either.  We gradually get the piece of the
puzzle and soon it may make sense to us.

Note:  I will have a change of address to     lineoflewis at aol.com   This
address will be discontinued for Lewis research.  Don't forget to contact me
there.  Thanks.