[AfriAm- JOHNSON] Johnson, VA, DC, TX, OK, CA

SueSRJG at aol.com SueSRJG at aol.com
Fri Oct 31 19:35:04 EST 2003

I too am seeking information on my JOHNSON line.
Here is what I have:

James H Johnson was born 1865 in Washington, DC to parents (unknown) born in
VA
he married Malissa Hodge born AR in Texas about 1883. Together they had 11
children in Bowie County, TX. Etta, Solomon, Janie, Helen, Robert, George,
James, Lillian, Annie, David and Nola
Janie married Walter Gray and David married Nellie Sanders
Children of David and Nellie are TC, Jack Herman & Albert born in Oklahoma
moved to Calif
Children of Walter and Janie are Colleen, Maybell & Odell born in Oklahoma
moved to Calif

I found a Robert and Martha Johnson in DC in 1880 with a son James H that was
born in 1865 in DC.. Both Robert and Martha were born in VA... the details
fit.. but I can not prove this is my James. Robert has a pension file from the
Civil war I would love to see whats in that some day.. may have a clue....

Hope one day to find some one related to this branch of the JOHNSON's

Sadonya