[AfriAm- JOHNSON] JOHNSON Surname

CherokeeRedT at aol.com CherokeeRedT at aol.com
Tue Nov 4 18:11:24 EST 2003

Hello All; Sorry about the late input/update. My computer had problems, so I
had to reformat.

My JOHNSON'S are: Mattie Johnson born approx. 1850 in Sharpsburg, KY. She
married a Robert Johnson (first of four husbands). She wound up in Dayton, OH
where she married again, died and was buried there as Mattie Bruce (husband four).
Robert and she had a daughter named Jenora, who moved to Dayton with her,
married James E. Taylor, Sr. She also died and was buried there.
Mattie is said to have had relatives named Ben & Jesse Johnson who were
affiliated with harness horse racing. Ben & Jesse lived in Kentucky, but visited
Dayton often.

James H. Taylor, Sr.