[JOHNSON] Johnsons of Georgia

yvonne mygenealogy2003 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 14:40:25 EDT 2003

Hi, I'm Yvonne and I am researching my grandfather
Ellis's family from MACON, GA

Ellis JOHNSON was born in Macon ,GA around 1896. The
birth date he used was Jan 4, 1896, but he didn't know
his exact birth date. SSDI has it as Jan 1901.

Ellis married Ealia WILLIAMS, daughter of King
WILLIAMS and Carrie BATES in Green Cove Springs
Florida in the mid 20's. They moved to PA and had a
large family.

Ellis's known siblings were:
Thomas JOHNSON,married to Mabel
Mary JOHNSON ,and
Benjamin JOHNSON born in Macon ,GA around 1882 married
to Naomi (lived in Phila in 1930.

Not much is known about the family except that Ellis
and his brothers worked for the railroad.Ellis was a
member of a Masonic order in GA. There is also a
family rumor that they changed their name from TUFF to
JOHNSON. Any assistance or information about this
family is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Yvonne