[AfriAm-Carter] Share A Little; Share A Lot

Eleanor Hunt eleanor.hunt at worldnet.att.net
Fri Oct 3 15:49:44 EDT 2003

The "Carter" I'm sharing is, Mary (Mazie) Carter.  My Grandmother, who may
have been born in Toronto, Canada or she spent part of her childhood in
Canada.  We know that her Mother was Mary Washington (do not know her maiden
name) However, my grandmother never went by the name of Washington at all.

Mary Carter, who was called "Mazie" was born 10/23/1879.  Her mother lived
in Washington, D.C. & in Alexandria, Va. Her mother, Mary Washington's
husband was named Charles.  Our question is, who was her father?

We also know that my grandmother had Indian ancestry.  Do not know if it was
her father or not.  The story has just been passed down, which is the story
of many African Americans.  We know that large tribes of Indians did settle
in Toronto, Canada - the Crees being one of them.

My sister & I have been searching (off & on) for at least 23 years.  The
search always continues.

Regards,
Eleanor Hunt